Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

On Good Friday, I spent the morning with my girlfriends decorating Easter eggs. They turned out pretty cute.


Japan pretty much celebrates all of the major holidays here - not for religious reasons, but solely for commercial ones. But I'm actually surprised that Easter is not one that they celebrate. Luckily I brought an egg-decorating kit back with me, as well as all the supplies for E's Easter basket.

Unfortunately the night before Easter, poor E was up several times in the night with a high fever. Despite the medicine, she still woke up with a 102 degree fever that I couldn't get under 100 all day. Even though she was tired and didn't feel well, she was quite excited to open her Easter basket and find all of the eggs!


The rest of this post is for my Dad, who doesn't believe I let E have sweets. The truth is, she eats sweets all the time! She's like her Mom and Dad - a complete sweets lover. My Dad bought her a chocolate bunny for Easter, and YES, I let her eat as much as she wanted. She probably ate a good 3/4 of it! She may not feel well, but she definitely feels good enough to eat chocolate!


Another thing I'm looking forward to doing when we're home: going to church. I've missed this part of my life the last 3 years. So I'm excited to be able to go to church next year on this very special day. Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment