My brother flew home from Savannah while we were back, this is only the second time he's seen E since she was born. The first time she was only 3-months old.
It's hard living so far away from family, and I don't like it. Even though when we see each other it feels like we have never been apart, we all miss out on the daily everyday stuff that makes you a family.
I have family in Michigan, a brother in Georgia, a sister-in-law & family in Texas, another sister-in-law & family in Nebraska, and a mother and father-in-law who are moving to Missouri... and we live across the world in Japan... does it get any more spread out than that? Will there ever be a day that we live close to family? I pray about it everyday.
This is one of my favorite quotes, and really hits home for me: "Missing someone isn't about how long it has been since you've seen them or the amount of time since you've talked. It's about that very moment when you find yourself doing something and wishing they were right there by your side."
No comments:
Post a Comment