Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Santa Claus Visits Nagoya

There is a monthly women's gathering at an American restaurant where ladies come together to talk, eat, exchange news, and share helpful information about life in Japan. Unfortuantely this event is always held on a Tuesday, and since Elodie and I have swim class every Tuesday we always miss the 'Meet and Greet' luncheon.

The monthly gathering in December was having a special Christmas lunch, and a surprise visit by Santa for the kiddos. So I decided to skip swimming - as this would probably be the only opportunity for Elodie to see Santa in Nagoya.

Turns out, Elodie doesn't like Santa so much....

Many people have asked me if Japanese children believe in Santa. The best answer that I can give is that it depends on the family. In general, many kids believe that Santa will bring them presents if they are good and asleep when he arrives. When they wake on Christmas day, they find presents by their pillows instead of under Christmas trees. But again, it really depends on the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment