Saturday, December 22, 2012

Happy Birthday to ME!

I didn't really want to do anything for my birthday, but good friends Yumi and Anna convinced me to go out. So needless to say, I picked an Italian restaurant - most of you already know this, but I've had spaghetti on my birthday for every single year as far back as I can remember. Of course this was always my mom's special spaghetti, but considering that we were celebrating my birthday from the other side of the world this year... we had to make due. There has been ONE exception to this tradition - the one year we were in Australia for the holiday and celebrated my birthday Down Under... this is the year I splurged and ate expensive and delicious Australian mudcrab. But because we were Down Under, I don't count that one. ;)



The ladies were nice enough to order me this awesome cake, which you can see was topped with yummy fruit. The owner of the restaurant made this cake, and even played "Happy Birthday" on his saxophone when presenting it to me. It was a very special experience, and I'm glad my friends convinced me to go out... a very nice and memorable birthday indeed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment