Hawaiian food in Japan?... YES please! Despite the lack of diversity in Japan, there certainly is quite a huge range of restaurant choices. Last week my girlfriends and I headed out to try a new Hawaiian restaurant called Aloha Table. The place is known for their malasada donuts, pancakes, and "loco" breakfast (bowl of rice, hamburger on top, covered in gravy, and topped with a fried egg). In addition to breakfast foods, you can order pretty much anything - rice bowls, curry, chicken/steak/fish grilled dishes, and a variety of appetizers, salads & pastas.
Lunch with the girls! I ordered the daily pasta special, which was spaghetti carbonara, and it was fantastic. But with a full page of pancakes on the menu to choose from, I knew I'd have to go back...
And I did! I took Joe back the following weekend to try the pancakes. Unfortunately we went at the peak of lunch hour, so we had to wait about 30 minutes to get a table. But it was well worth the wait!
And I did! I took Joe back the following weekend to try the pancakes. Unfortunately we went at the peak of lunch hour, so we had to wait about 30 minutes to get a table. But it was well worth the wait!
YAY for finally finding a place in Nagoya that has yummy pancakes! woohoo! The only downfall is that they don't serve them with maple syrup. My mango pancakes were topped with a cream sauce as well as chunks of mango & mango sherbet; while Joe's chocolate pancakes were topped with whipped cream, ice cream, brownie pieces & chocolate sauce. But they were still good, so we really can't complain.
Love the breakfasts and most all of the food at the Hawaiian restaurant in Seattle - they also have a dish called "loco moco" as you described - or fried rice loco moco, which I like to get, same thing only fried rice instead of white - it is soooo good.
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys have a place to get good pancakes - they sound pretty fancy.
mmmm everything is better with fried rice!
ReplyDelete