Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Update - Teaching, etc.

It's been a while since I've written a blog post. I guess we've been really busy lately!

It's been HOT & HUMID and in the upper 90's for WEEKS... actually, MONTHS now. It's completely miserable and we can't wait for fall! We watched the Michigan game over the weekend and noticed the wind blowing, everyone wearing long sleeved shirts and jackets. We miss that.

Go Blue! Picture of Joe watching the Michigan game... sporting his Michigan jersey and new yellow crocs. I don't have to tell you that he was thrilled to see his team start off the season so well!

I got a part-time job teaching first grade at an international school, twice a week. Today was my first official day, and it went really well!! The kids are super cute! I have 8 students, all Japanese, who speak English fluently. Their parents generally put them in school starting around the age of 2 - so they learn English naturally. By the time they're 5, they speak incredibly well.

Joe's job is still going well. He loves it here and stays busy. He's still taking private Japanese lessons about 1-2 times a week, and lately has been busy getting his application ready for grad school. He's looking into doing a dual degree program for a masters and MBA.

That's all the news around here... working, studying, and traveling.

3 comments:

  1. glad to hear you guys are doing so well and keeping busy.

    congrats on the job em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon we have national holidays in September! How do you spend the Silver Week?

    ReplyDelete