I recently read the book, "Eat, Pray, Love." I thought the title was catchy, and heard from others that it was an easy and fun read. My opinion of the book was quite opposite - I hated it. Yes, of course there were some good parts and it was very soulful at moments, but I though it dragged on and was soooo boring.

The movie premiered in Nagoya this weekend - and a group of friends were going to see it. I debated whether it would be worth it to see the movie - since I disliked the book so much, not to mention that the movie got such bad reviews, and it's really expensive to go to the movies in Japan. But we gave in, and decided to go out with friends and give the movie a chance. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with the movie - so much better than the book! But it's one of those movies that you see one time, and never bother watching again. Joe even liked it - but that's probably because you can drink beer in the movie theaters in Japan, so he was content ;)
After the movie we ventured over to a little Spanish bar, for sangria and tapas.

It was an open-air bar, which was really nice since it's finally starting to cool down here. It was nice to sit "outside" and feel the breeze. There were 6 of us so we decided to order a pitcher of sangria. We asked the waitress how many people a pitcher would serve, she said 5. So we ordered two pitchers. This is what we got....

We couldn't help but laugh when the pitchers arrived at our table... they were "Japanese size" - I don't know how in the world they think that pitcher will serve 5 people! It's enough for one person! :)
Thanks for not posting "the picture", hee hee hee.
ReplyDeleteSize of pitcher... too small? Most bars offer Nomihoudai, 飲み放題(All you can drink) option, so it's good deal for heavy-drinker.
ReplyDeleteBTW let's cheer on Chunichi Dragons(中日ドラゴンズ), the baseball team of our City! Go to Nagoya Dome!
I agree - eat, pray, love - just okay - I had to see it because I love Julia Roberts (otherwise I wouldn't have).
ReplyDeleteThe pitcher is really cute though. Mmm, sangria!
ReplyDelete