Arrowtown was "Born of Gold" in the 1860's and it looks like it hasn't really changed since then. Nestled below the beautiful mountains that surround Arrow River, Arrowtown is a historic gold mining town located just 20-minutes from Queenstown. Quaint, charming and historic are words I'd use to describe this little town. Actually, I wouldn't really call it a town - it's just one street!
Honesty though, I think we would have enjoyed it more if we were wanting to just sit back and relax - enjoy a cup of coffee and people watch. But we were on a mission to see and do as much as possible, so unfortunately, this town didn't excited us all that much.
We ate at the local Arrowtown bakery, known for their famous pies (which were really good!). Then we walked through some shops and down the historic tree-lined street.
It really was a cute, historic little town. But I guess we were just expecting something a little bit more.



No comments:
Post a Comment