Monday, May 27, 2013

Job offer

The week after we got back from vacation, Joe got a job offer from Boeing in Charleston, South Carolina. HE TOOK IT!!!! Our end date was just around the corner anyway (October), so this seemed like the perfect opportunity to try something new. Neither one of us have really spent any time in the South, so this will be a great way to experience another part of our country. And let's be real here, I wasn't thrilled about going back to all the rain in Seattle anyway.

The timing for the job offer wasn't perfect though. My due date was just a short 3 months away... and considering Elodie was 3 weeks early, we knew we had to leave Japan as soon as possible.

We had about 4 weeks to sell almost everything we own, make travel/hotel arrangements, pack the essentials, and try to squeeze in all of our favorite restaurants, sites, and time with friends. It was a whirlwind to say the least.



 
Elodie is surely going to miss her friends, and Joe and I will too. You know the TV show "Friends"? That's what our life felt like sometimes. Our closest friends living next door in a highrise apartment building downtown. Even though I'm ready for the journey back to the U.S., I know I will miss this.

No comments:

Post a Comment