Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Good Friends ~ Tea Shop

Some of the nicest people I've ever met!! We meet for lunch a couple of times a month at a little local tea shop which serves some of the best Japanese food I've ever had. Who would have thought that I'd move to Japan and become good friends with people almost twice my age that don't exactly speak fluent English!? I feel so fortunate to have met these wonderful women. Not only do they invite Elodie and me out for lunch, but they also help me with all of the little details that constantly make life living abroad difficult, such as: translating whenever I need help with both people and documents, teaching me how to cook Japanese food, showing me what things are at the grocery store (and buying me the correct products!), making phone calls/appointments/reservations for us, inviting our visitors over for a Japanese meal, karaoke, and tea ceremonies.... the list goes on and on.

I don't know how I'd get through the day to day complications of being a foreigner if it wasn't for their help. :)

2 comments:

  1. Many sign posts have an English subtitle although some are nonsense because of Japanglish, but unfortunately little English subtitle are avaialable at supermarket, it's so nice to have local Japanese friends here:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your friends are awesome - so glad you met these ladies - it was really fun being able to do a tea ceremony while I was there

    ReplyDelete