On Monday, January 31st, we discovered that I was pregnant! I took a pregnancy test, which tested positive and then immediately made a doctor appointment for the next day. So on Tuesday, we nervously headed to the doctor - who confirmed that I was indeed pregnant. He couldn't estimate a due date quite yet, as he said it was too early to measure the size. So he asked me to come in again in 2 weeks to estimate a due date. Four weeks and two appointments later, he confirmed that I was 10 weeks along and due September 27.
My first trimester has been a breeze! I feel very fortunate to not have experienced any morning sickness, nausea, or food aversions. I have been feeling a lot more tired, especially early in the pregnancy. My hormones have also kicked it up a notch and my skin is a lot more oily, which leads to acne and constant breakouts. I've only had one food craving so far: cauliflower. Kind of a weird craving, considering it's a food that I really haven't eaten since I was a child. I have also been really into citrus fruits.
I am starting to post belly and ultrasound pictures on our shutterfly account. I added a new page to our site titled "baby schreurs", so you can see the pics at: http://emilyandjoepictures.shutterfly.com/babyschreurs
I am currently 14 weeks and will be 15 on Tuesday. Here is a video of my ultrasound this week. It's pretty amazing how quickly the baby is growing and how developed he/she is! There is even a 4D image at the end. We're currently calling the baby B-BOGS, which stands for Baby Boy Or Girl Schreurs. We should be able to find out at my next appointment in 3 weeks whether it's a girl or boy.
Congratulation! I hope this news is not April Fool.
ReplyDeleteHere's largest Maternity and Baby goods store links.
赤ちゃん本舗 中川店(akachan honpo Nakagawa)
http://www.akachan.jp/CGI/store/top/shop.cgi?shop_cd=035
ベイビーザラス名西店(Babies"R"us, Meisei)
http://www2.toysrus.co.jp/store/storeinfo/store.php?id=4678
wow - very good imagaing! b-bogs looks like the cutest little alien right now - super excited for you two!!
ReplyDeleteNagoyan ~ thanks for the store links!
ReplyDelete