Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Updates and such

We are going on vacation to China! We leave tomorrow afternoon, and will be gone for 11 days. We're going to Shanghai, Beijing, and Hong Kong! So I thought I would give you an update of some things going on before we leave.

I'll start with... I'm finally done with my Japanese class!! It was a stressful couple of months, and I'm relieved that it's over. I'm taking the summer off, and then I might continue with private lessons in the fall. I discovered that Japanese is a difficult language to learn, and I'm not sure if I'm that committed to learning it. I think I would do better with private lessons - to learn more conversation skills rather than grammar. So we'll see. Joe, on the other hand, has been doing well. He's been taking 2 private lessons a week and seems to be committed.

I updated our pictures website. So you can see all of our photos from spring and summer on: http://emilyandjoepictures.shutterfly.com/

Joe received an award for his exceptional performance and hard work at Boeing/MHI!!! He's been a dedicated worker, and was recognized for his commitment and leadership skills by his Manager, Senior Manager, and the Director of the 787 program for Asia. I'm so proud of him!


The girls from the cosmetology school contacted me again to do another event. They made me into an "ice bride," and I got to do a modeling shoot at a local photography studio in Nagoya.

I really am wearing clothes... a tube top. The stuff on my head was so incredibly heavy. My hair/head hurt for several days!

Close up! They always put a lot of detail into the jewels/body art.

2 comments:

  1. WoW - you guys have been up to a lot - this really was the opportunity of a life time!

    Way to go Joe on being such a great worker =)

    Em, you make a great ice bride!

    Enjoy China.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are really building as well as enriching a wonderful life for yourselves through this experience in Nagoya! So proud of you! Enjoy China!

    ReplyDelete