Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Ikebana: May & June
Here are a few pictures of my recent ikebana arrangements from May and June.
This piece may not look like much... but it's by far the most difficult arrangement I've had to do. Only two different materials were used, and the rule to this style is that all materials must be in a straight line (see picture below). I believe it's called Shoka style.
All materials must be in a straight line facing the front to create ONE single line.
Again, this style used only 2 materials... and it had to be in a single file line facing the front. Very difficult! Apparently these materials are only available during the summer, so my teacher made us try this style a few weeks in a row. It's not my favorite, but neat to learn.
This is the same style (Shoka style) with a single-file line - but uses only one material.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like the single-file line Shoka style with 1 material the best! The flowers look like hydrangea. Love the others too!
ReplyDeleteagreed - the first two arrangements look really good - I love the third pic! nice job =)
ReplyDelete