My friend Mimi and I discovered two pottery towns near Nagoya: Tokoname and Seto City. Tokoname has a 900-year history of pottery and is one of the few historic pottery towns of Japan. Seto is also famous for it's pottery and ceramics - the main street along the river is lined with dozens of pottery shops. We had a great time exploring the towns and of course - shopping!

My new vases for Ikebana!

Love this pattern, and it should somewhat match our Fiesta-ware set at home. I especially adore the big bowls on the left with the matching spoons.... it's for ramen, but works fantastic for a big bowl of soup! I regret only buying two, so I'm on the lookout for more.

The color of these pieces caught my eye and I couldn't resist. They are so unique and will work great as serving pieces.
wow - love them all - don't think i would have been able to resist either!
ReplyDeleteHave you bought a Nabe Pot? In winter, japanese home cooking isn't warm without Nabe.
ReplyDeleteI love it all! Might have to put in an order for a little bowl. :)
ReplyDelete