Monday, May 10, 2010

Himakajima Island

Last week was a Japanese holiday called Golden Week. So Joe and I took a day to travel south a little ways and visit an island called Himakajima. It was only about a 45-minute train ride, and then 30-minute ferry ride over to the island.

It was a nice day trip from Nagoya. We're planning on going
back this summer for octopus fishing and dolphin swimming!

Fresh octopus and squid for sale on the street.

We walked all the way around the island. It's was only 2-3 miles.

The beach on the east side of the island (Sunrise Beach).
This is where we discovered tons of beach glass!

Our beach treasures!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, guys, I see some pieces of my "Blue Danube" china.........in with the beach glass.......think you could piece them together for an addition to my set?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YaY for beach glass =P

    do you like octopus emily? I had only had it fried for the longest time but Shawn and I had sauteed octopus the other day and it was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! Nice job on the beach glass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we found tons of broken pottery pieces!

    Nicole- No, I don't like octopus at all! I did try it though, and thought the texture was awful... chewy and incredibly hard to swallow. Joe likes it though :)

    ReplyDelete