Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Apartment Update

Joe got a phone call last night with the news that Boeing Legal and the apartment owner cannot reach an agreement. Therefore, Boeing withdrew from the leasing process.... which means that we are back to square one! Boeing authorized Joe to take another day off work to find a home - so we are going apartment shopping all day on Friday.

It's really a stressful situation for us. Not only do we have to find a new apartment, but we also have to return/exchange appliances, furniture, light fixtures, and curtains that we bought back in November, and stay in the hotel another 4-6 weeks. But despite all of that, we're trying to look at this situation as an opportunity! We have been in Nagoya for a month - so we know the area much better. Hopefully we will be able to find a bigger and better apartment in an area that we really like. :) In the meantime, we will continue to rack up Marriott points and eat free food!

Right now our biggest debate is: downtown or suburb!? There are so many pros and cons to each area - and we are having a difficult time making a decision! Any advice???

2 comments:

  1. If I had the opportunity to live downtown in a major city for a couple years I would definitely go for it! Especially if I didn't own a car. I'd love to live downtown Seattle for a few years - the closer I get the more I love it! It's the perfect time to have that experience. I think it starts being more of a priority to live outside of the city when you need a garage for your car and a yard for your pets/kids etc...

    Anywho - that's my two cents =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nicole! Good luck! I would also look at it as a good opportunity at making an even better selection!!

    ReplyDelete