Monday, February 11, 2013

Dessert Buffet

The elegant Sir Winston Hotel in Yagoto has an all-you-can-eat dessert buffet in their cafe. Apparently the menu changes each month and centers around a theme. This month was 'green tea.'

You start with a set plate of 5 themed desserts. As you can see, each was made with green-tea as a main ingredient. Unfortunately green-tea is NOT my favorite taste in Japan. Even walking past the green-tea shop underground in Nagoya Station makes me nauseous (and no, that's not a pregnancy related thing - I just really don't like green tea). So go figure the one time that I go here, is the month they have green-tea themed desserts! Actually though, these 5 desserts had a very subtle green-tea taste. Although not my favorite, it was certainly tolerable.


After the initial set, you can help yourself to the dessert buffet, filled with a variety of cakes, pastries, puddings/cremes, and even cake pops to dip in chocolate fondue. None of which had green-tea in them, whew! It was soooo good. I liked every single dessert that I tried, and you better believe I had about 10 different ones!

You have 90-minutes to eat as much as you'd like. M, how did we not know about this when you lived here? This is a place I could have seen us going all the time. :)

 
 

It was a nice girls afternoon, and we left with very full tummies. But it would have been that much better without the kiddos. Even though they were all well-behaved and enjoyed playing together, it would have been a bit more relaxing for the mommies if they wouldn't have been there. So we're planning to go again - but this time on the weekend, and leaving the babies at home!

1 comment:

  1. I walked past there many times! Little did I know what I was missing : (
    We still did ok in the eating department though : )

    ReplyDelete