Wednesday, July 20, 2011

30 Weeks

Let the countdown begin! I'm 30 weeks, with only 10 to go! I was so happy to return to my Japan doctor yesterday. He did an ultrasound and confirmed that the baby is growing right on track and healthy. He also confirmed that she is in fact A GIRL!!! After being told that it was a boy at 17 weeks, and then a girl only a couple weeks later, it is nice to finally have a definitive answer. Baby Girl Schreurs is weighing in at approximately 3.75lbs and as predicted my doctor is now above the Japanese average for size.

Here is the ultrasound video from my appointment yesterday! You'll see him measure the head, abdomen, and femur. He also points out the spine, heartbeat, and face. He did a 4D face shot at the end - and you can actually see her open and close her eyes and mouth!! Pretty incredible!!



I had a really rough flight back to Japan, so I'm glad to be "home" and getting settled again. My ankles swelled up about half way through the flight - to the point where they were hanging over my tennis shoes... it was disgusting. I had to keep my feet up almost the entire next day to get the swelling down. I also had a couple nosebleeds and a lot of back ache. I've never complained about the 13 hour flight before, but this was a rough one for me!

We are moving to our new apartment today, so hopefully after this weekend we'll be all settled and can start focusing on organizing and getting ready for BGS!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back to Nagoya! Unfortunately it's hardest summer to overcome, so muggy, too hot, crazy typhoon... etc. But trust me, we electric power supplier, Chubu electric power company make an every effort to supply electricity. No brown out and no increase of electricity bill even we don't have no nuke power station available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had those discomforts on your flight back...Hope you are all moved in now! Your ultrasound video is so amazing, especially the 3D!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the ultrasounds they do in Japan. Glad you made it back safely(even tho the flight was kinda crummy) and are getting settled in. Enjoy decorating BGS's room =) You will have to put up some pics as the baby room gets finished.

    ReplyDelete